Friday, August 5, 2011

T DAY

TODAY WAS THE DAY.

I obviously couldn't sleep. The woman and I drove to the doctor, I went over the basic forms with the doctor and she told me she didn't see any reason why I couldn't get my first shot that day.

I said yeah damn straight I'll get my first shot today. JK No but really I would have choked a bitch if that didn't happen.

So the second nurse came in, she showed me how to assemble the syringe, draw the testosterone into the needle and where to inject myself. She injected it today, but I will do it next week. I'm super eager to get started doing it on my own, because I'm so DIY and I do love accoutrements.

Anyway, she injected .25mL (50mL) of 200mg Testosterone Cypionate into my left thigh. She said next week we'll do it on my right thigh so I can use my dominant hand. It was a super bizarre sensation, I could truly feel it in my muscles. My quad is still a little sore.

BUT I DID IT. And it was awesome and here I am on the other side. I'm obviously super eager to start seeing changes, but I know I've got a long way to go. The only thing I've noticed so far is my throat feels funny, like I always have to clear it but I don't really. This might be totally psychosomatic.

I guess I feel like I have a little more energy. I feel like anything I say right now is going to be purely placebo effect, but who cares. That's part of it.

After the shot, I took a nap, ate some lunch and went to get a new tattoo. Ironically (or not ironically), I got 'ma'am'd and 'she'd multiple times at the tattoo parlor. I was all yeah yeah get your kicks now bros, you wait til I look like Taylor Hanson / Tom Felton / Ryan Gosling.

Which will obviously happen as early as tomorrow.

Here is a light photo journal of my day, since my lady friend was obviously like a proud parent during this whole thing.


My chosen outfit for the day. V. Patriotic. Hey, just cause I think gay dudes should be able to get married and I should be able to shoot testosterone into my upper thigh to become a bro doesn't mean I don't love my country.
THE SCENE OF THE CRIME.


My previous Hedwig tattoo. I got this when I was 18, just starting college and just questioning my gender identity. It's never been totally tied to my gender identity, but I knew I wanted to get the full face (below) once I felt I had 'found myself', whatever that meant.

Today's addition. The broken face is on the inside wrist of this arm. I have also changed my outfit fifty times today.

 Other things of note -- I am still chronicling my day to day transition on itookoutthetrash.tumblr.com, for those of you who are interested in it there.

WHEE I'M SO EXCITEDDDD
                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment