Monday, August 1, 2011

T is for Top Surgery Fundraiser!

So my top surgery fundraising party was this past Saturday. The theme was, obviously, 'No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem.'

We made commemorative pink cups that said the name of the party and the date. We had a keg, two 30racks of Bud Lite, skippies, assorted tequila, whiskey, vodka, gin. My kind friends bought a cake that said 'Tuck's the Best, Fuck the Rest'. We had streamers and waterguns and temporary dinosaur tattoos and parasols that go in the cup. We played flip cup and beer pong downstairs and danced to country music upstairs. We had jello shots in every flavor and jello shots made in orange slices.

Overall, it was amazing. I raised over $500. That alone is enough for me to reserve a surgery date with Dr. Garramone. I was truly, truly touched by everyone's immense display of support. I felt very truly loved, and I don't know how to repay that love, except in words I guess.

For those who are interested, my model was as follows--
$5 for a cup / admission. These are commemorative cups (so people feel like they are paying for something). You can write your name on the cup and you can then fill the cup up as many times as you want with anything you want.

$1 Jello Shots. I had various people walk around carrying these and selling them, and we made a good amount of money that way.

Other than that, I advertised on facebook and told people to come bringing cash. You wouldn't be admitted without cash. I got change beforehand at the bank and put a mason jar in the fridge for jello shots. I also put two mason jars around the apartment for miscellaneous donations. All in all, it went very well!

In other news, I'm at 4 days til my first T shot. I keep thinking about how I should be mourning my last days as a woman or whatever blablabla but you know. I just don't feel that way. I'm not hateful of being a woman, I just don't really care. It's like going to college or getting married. I've done this stage of my life. I'm ready for the next one. I had a good 23 years, let's get this show on the road.

1 comment:

  1. This fundraiser sounded like it was a good time. Congratulations on it and thank you for posting some of how you put it on or folks who are thinking about fundraising themselves.

    ReplyDelete